3.6.08

Ok...pictures working again...

Ok, I think I got it to work again... Let's see...
Here's a beautiful wooden statue of the Madonna. Our tour guide was telling us about a different Madonna statue in the room, but I didn't understand why because it was really ugly, and this one was so pretty, so I took a picture of it.

Now this...THIS is the most beautiful Roman style sculpture I've ever seen. She's called simply "Dancer" by Antonio Canova in the very early 1800s, but she's gorgeous. I love the way her dress spins around her and the way it flows, and it's so sheer you can see the form underneath. The piece of marble is almost perfect, too. But the artist incorporated the zigzag vein so well that that's the point where the dress no longer looks seperate from her body but as a part of her body. I just love it so much...



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





Now for the - I'm sure much wanted - pictures of where I stayed while in Berlin, and possibly where I shall be staying again in August! Yay!



So this is a view down my street. I'm walking back home after class one day. So I cross the street and I'm the second door on the left! Also to the left was a teeny little bier garten. I never went there, but it always smelled DELICIOUS. haha.

The street sign for my street: Gubener Straße! In Friedrichshain! In east East Berlin! I would walk 5 minutes to the East Side Gallery.


So, here's my room. On the left behind the door was my closet for clothes. All the beds in Germany look like that, it's not just my bed. I'm not exactly sure why, but it was certainly comfortable enough, and no springs in the mattress! Yay! I had cable for the TV, a DVD player, and a CD player. And wireless. Everymorning I was awakened by this bird that made a million different sounds. It was quite annoying at first...and at first I thought it was someone's bird alarm clock. But I caught the bugger one day!



The view of the street from my window... See how green it is in Berlin? So beautiful...


Here's the kitchen...and the hallway back to Sören and Suzanne's room on the left, the study all the way to the back and left, the closet at the back and right, and the bathroom on the right. The kitchen and my room were the first doors on the right and left, respectively, when I walked into the apartment. Very nice, I enjoyed it all.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ok, now for other pictures....First I'll put up from Checkpoint Charlie. It was a little sad in the museum, but we weren't allowed to take pictures inside, so no museum pictures, sorry. But I do have some pictures of the actual place. It was just Claire, Saulo, and I who went....

The UBahn Station to Checkpoint Charlie. It was literally right in front of you when you walked out.

Haha, here's Saulo with the DDR marker. No, not Dance Dance Revelution! Deutsche Demokratische Republik!

See? That's what East Germany was called during the Soviet rule...

Here's a picture of the Soviet solder and the sign one saw when leaving the American Sector of Berlin...


American soldier and entering the American Sector...

Ok, well, now it's meal time and then party time, so more pictures to also come laters!

No comments: