20.2.09

IT'S FINALLY FRIDAY!

Aw, man. I have been waiting for Friday for so long. It actually started, like, Sunday night. Even though I've had a pretty lax week as far as work and extracurriculars go, I've been sleeping horribly. Either I just can't get to sleep and/or stay asleep, or I have horrible nightmares which frighten me so bad it takes me forever to fall back asleep. I'm not sure what that means, but I took to either completely taking out coffee or drinking only half a cup and only before noon and skipping out on afternoon naps, so that I am entirely exhausted by midnight or 12:30 so I can at least easily fall asleep, if not stay asleep. I wonder if it has to do with waiting for the other responses from my grad schools, figuring out expenses for the rest of the month and into March (which doesn't mean I need money, I'm just trying to figure out how to budget myself so that I'm NOT in need of money), or maybe just because I'm not running around nearly as much as I usually do, so I'm not actually tired enough to sleep. Maybe it's a combination of all of it, though I'm always figuring out my expenses.

Oh wells. I'm just glad it's the weekend. Today I'm getting beers for Heather and I at Stammtisch (thanks to the Valentine's Day moolah from my momma! Don't worry, momma, that will only be $7, the rest will go to good use, haha), and then Kevin is making us BBQ pulled pork for dinner (with the help of my amazing new crockpot!), which will then be followed by a marathon of Frisky Dingo Season 1. One of Mark and Stuart's friend who left Lyco sophomore year has made a treck down here from Vermont and will be the first time anyone's seen him since! So maybe later I'll go over to wherever they're all hanging out to hi to Brent. He was so cool.

Tomorrow Heather and I are planning on attending a Saturday training session of KENDO! Zazen meditation has literally been the only way that I've been able to fall asleep this week. I might tell sensei that. haha.

Alright, now I have to decide whether to catch up on some late reading for history or chill out with some Harry Potter. Hmmm...I wonder which one I will pick. Wait...our exam for history is next Friday. damnit, I might just have to force myself to do the make-up work.

Aw man, I have two finals next Friday! Guess this weekend will also be spend reviewing Hebrew vocabulary and working on the history study guide...

No comments: