28.7.08

Balkan Konzert and the Last Night in Berlin...Aw...

We begin with the Balkan Konzert at this tucked away little bar. There was a group of about 15 of us who went and wondered all over part of Berlin looking for this place. It look us like 20 minutes, but we found the place! And it was already jumpin'.

Aw, Nils and Claire...

NICOLA!

Oh man, why do I forget her name?! She's a very pretty Italian girl, though. And then the other one is John.

Francesco let his hair down and started headbanging! yea! Bahaous got pretty into the dancing, too. But then again, he also just dances a lot...

This was a random guy sitting outside who almost stole my camera...



Here's the band! And I should have a snippet of Francesco head banging...

Then we went out to Hacheschermarkt on our last night together and had some hookah.

More Claire and Nils...

ME and Saulo! Never met a sweeter man in my entire life. His voice was so soft, too. And always had a smile...

Hahaha, making fun of the Roman...who is Francesco there in the middle. Carles really liked to make fun of his hand gestures, as you can see. Bahaous tucked back in the corner.

Lea (from Denmark...only awesome people come from Denmark, I swear...) and Nicole, our other lovely Italian man...except he was from North Italy...

This is such a precious picture. Lea, Tanya, and Claire. Tanya! Put that hookah away!

Nils and UGH, WHY CAN I STILL NOT REMEMBER HER NAME?!

Ah, the third Italian Man, Michele; Monica, also Italian. She was the cutest thing ever. And John.

There was a statue of the Egyptian god (correct me if I'm wrong, Heather! I'm not good with Egyptian stuff!) Anubus of the underworld. He has the head of a jackal. Carles was scratching his chin. Silly Carles, he liked making silly pictures.

Then the day I left we met up for one last run around Berlin. We did a lot more than look at the outside of the City Library, though. This just happened to be the only thing I took a picture of...because the rest was pretty much souvenir shopping....

It was so pretty and covered with ivy...

City Library in German...

Nice view of it...

And that's all for Berlin!!!! Yay! Well...for now...because now I'm back in Berlin...and there will hopefully be more pictures. Especially of the Pergamon and all the Assyrian glory that goes with it. Anywho...I'm thoroughly exhausted now....so I think I might call it a night...even though it's not even 9pm. I'm so tired...

Oh! I don't remember if I told you the results of my placement test. B1,1. I wanted B1,2 but oh wells. *sigh* ok...debating on shower or bed...we'll see what grows on me more: sleep or sweat...

No comments: