31.3.09

Getting over it...

First off, I'd like to express my undying love and gratitude to my family, who have been my biggest support base, even though I feel undeserving of it all recently because I don't feel whining deserves hugs. But anyway, thank you and I love you so so so so much.

I just came back from an informational talk with a representative of the Washington Internship Program. They sound amazing, except that there's always a catch: they cost $3,400 and, though you are guaranteed an internship, it most likely will be unpaid. Not only that, but Room & Board is extra, plus your own spending money. You're sent to D.C., though. Aaaannnddd....maybe Laura will be ever so kind as to let me be her roommate, as she's back to working for the Treasury. I won't overstay my welcome, I promise, I'll get a part-time job. If I know I'm doing that I want to do, I wouldn't mind the extra little work because I know that later I'd be doing what I really want to do. I can be in an internship for up to 18 consecutive months.

And with that cost, you're place smack dab in the middle of the best place to find job placement, networks, and a career. Included in the cost are classes and seminars from universities and institutions all over the D.C. area and even extracurriculars, such as Bush Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg. With this program, I could really make it in whatever I decide doing - and I'm really feeling a pull towards International Relations of some kind.

Oh yea, the other catch - this is only if I'm accepted. At the rate I'm going in that area, I don't feel so confident. If I can just drag myself through some menial summer job to earn the money to pay for this, I'm set.

Alright, I think I'm back on track...I just hope I don't lose sight again.

No comments: