2.12.08

Thanksgiving and my last week of classes! woot!

Thanksgiving was really nice. The family came over and I got to see everyone again. And eat SEVERELY delicious food. And I made the pies!!! I'm so proud of myself. :D Then Friday I went to Atlantic City with my momma to see the Transiberian Orchestra. We also went gambling. YES! It was a lot of fun...except for the $12 martinis that were uber gross... but the show was awesome! Crazy laser lights and strobe lights and flashy lights and flames and smoke and fake snow! It was so cool. But I never worked on any of my stuff, so Sunday I woke up at 6:30am with a minor panic attack realizing how much work I had to do. YIKES!

But my last week became increasingly easier as time went by! I was really panicing at first. All day Sunday I just worked on some homework to get things out of the way to really get going this week. When I got back to Lyco, this girl emailed me back about where to get information on Maya ceramics. I got to work surfing around for useful articles and found TONS. Thank God!!! As I read, I started to get ideas for my paper and presentation and began feeling much better. Then I read an email from Dr. Cagle about our German homework for the rest of the week and started panicing again.

Last night was a bit rough, senate meetings, getting bins to start paper recycling in time for finals. Then Heather mentioned something about our German essay being due Friday instead of Thursday. I looked it up and sure enough, I had read wrong! We got to our classes today (archaeology and german) only to learn that Dr. Gaber is a very understanding professor! She told us that she talked with some other professors and realized the huge amounts of work they were giving to their students for the week and that some of us were in some of their classes. So she told us that we didn't have to turn in our papers until the time of our scheduled final to give us some more time to work on them, especially since we don't have a final - just the paper. YES! Then we got to German and he told us that since he's also making us memorize a poem for Thursday AND a quiz AND the paper, that he was going to push the paper back to finals week and make the quiz a take-home. YAY! Now I have more time to focus on getting through all my research thoroughly and a head start on the take-home portion of my Hebrew final.

But that's all for now because I must turn in some much over-due grading for Dr. Knauth and turn in some receipts in hopes of getting reimbursement from the school! woop woop!

No comments: