14.8.09

The real work starts...

I had work again today. Man, what an initiation. Everyone was doing exceptionally well and there was actually a lot of lag time. We even put the Phillies game on. Then it hit. At 7:30 we started putting everyone to bed. 7 out of 8 had the WORST dirty diapers you could imagine! OMG, it was horrendous.

My supervisor laughed and said, "Well how's that for your initiation!" haha. I go back again tomorrow for my first full weekend shift. We're taking the kids on an outing to the carnival in Emmaus! The aid I worked with tonight is working again tomorrow. Everyone there is just so pleasant to work with, I'm so glad. It has it's drama, of course, but it's really very tame - the worst of it comes from the consumers' families.

Tonight my parents went out for dinner with the Washko's and the Sounder's and the Washko boys are spending the night here. I'm going to see if they haven't found the oreo ice cream yet and try and eat it sneakily before they notice I have it. >.<

(Grammom: that smile face is supposed to be someone squeezing their eyes really tight - "><" - and pursing their lips - "." hahaha)

Oh! Speaking of Grammom! We went to Washington, DC yesterday! It was a blast. I'll have to put the pictures up soon! We went to Arlington Cemetery and saw the Kennedy graves and the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldiers; Washington monument, Lincoln memorial, Vietnam memorial, WWII memorial; and the Museum of Natural Sciences - my favorite #nerd alert!!!

No comments: