- Connect Field A (administrative center along inner wall) with Field B (domestic quarter) to see the relationship between the two areas of the city.
- Extend Field A East to better explore Bill Dever's "Palace 8000" center by the gate.
- Continue searching for the outer fortification system in the "Lower Sondage" area in order to better understand the fortifications of the city.
- Extend the "sondage" north. A "sondage" is what we name the long, deep (for lack of a better word) "trench" to view the entire stratigraphy of the site, from modern topsoil and fill to, hopefully, the Late Bronze Age.
- Continue in Field B (domestic quarter) to better understand the destruction left undisturbed by R.A.S. Macalister in his 1900s excavations.
And those are the goals. I can explain them better when I'm home and also tell everyone what we've found. Just no online posting.
Now, I'm having an awful time getting the internet to work well, so I can't put up more pictures. I'd really really like to finish all that, but the network just doesn't seem to want me to do that. So this is all I can post for now. Actually...I should really be working anyways, so I'm going to do that now.
HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!! I miss you all!!! Eat lots of cheeseburgers with ketchup, mayonnaise, and spicy mustard and the GD potato salad for me!!!!